Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Great Appointment

I just got back home from my latest Lyme appointment, and it was great! Not great enough to stop my antibiotics yet, but still relatively great.

My thyroid is now functioning normally - yay!!! Decreases in any medications or supplements is good news for me.

The rest of my bloodwork came back really good. All deficiencies have been conquered, and I'm at optimal levels in most everything. I had one test that came back ever-so-slightly elevated, that the doc said would be indication of infection. He believes it could be Babesia, which is a Lyme co-infection, but will wait until next month's bloodwork to decide if he needs to pursue it. I am already on three antibiotics, so we'll see what comes of that in a few weeks.

Adjustments to my treatment plan are minor - dropping in a few supplements and increasing in a couple others. I even get to drop dosage in two prescriptions...and I'm more than okay with that.

Overall though, I'm feeling better. Fatigue is lifting, symptoms are continuing to fade into oblivion. And he tells me just as importantly as how I'm feeling is how I look, and he said I look great - a lot better than the last time I saw me.

Thanks for your prayers, and keep 'em coming! I'm not out of the woods yet (no pun intended), but after a dreadfully long and ill-feeling winter, things are quickly moving the right direction. It looks (and feels!) like we might have the best summer of our married lives so far. Who wants to celebrate with us?? :)

2 comments:

  1. we totally want to celebrate with you! when should we plan a trip to san diego?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We want to celebrate with you too - we should plan a game night soon! Hugs - glad you are doing well... Ben & Jill

    ReplyDelete