Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Parasites and Toxins

I had a doctor appointment this morning, and things will be changing! Again, minor changes were made to my current routine, and some new things were added. I'm also quite dehydrated and he said I need to get serious about fixing that. I'll basically have to wire a hose to my mouth.

I will also be starting a natural treatment for the suspected Babesia. He said it likely is firing up because I finished up my Tindamax (one of my antibiotics), which would have been helping to treat it. He didn't want to put me back on the Tindamax because of how severe of a drug it is, so I will be taking a special kind of artemisinin instead to treat it.

In addition to the lovely idea of Babesia, he also suspects a potentially high level of heavy metal toxicity! I will be going through heavy metal testing, but he's already starting me on a detoxing treatment involving vitamin C and cilantro. Once the results of the heavy metal testing come back he will better be able to develop a treatment plan for it.

He expects that I will start feeling better again in about 3 weeks, but that if I don't I will need to contact him and get a more aggressive plan in place. He said I should expect the chills, sweats, vertigo, etc., to go away, and my energy level to rise. While these symptoms could be Lyme-related, he did say due to the fact that they had gone away completely and are now coming back, while I'm still on antibiotics, it would more likely mean these other things (babesia, metals, etc.) are going on. We'll try to treat them, get some more answers, and see where we go from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment