Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Aloe Vera Juice...Ew.

With feeling better lately, I had decided it was about time to tackle another hurdle. The next thing I wanted to accomplish was to be able to take all 50+ of my pills and supplements without feeling nauseated. A big task, cause I had been feeling nauseated more often than not, and I haven't been good at taking all I'm supposed to be taking...just enough to get by and keep down.

This time my searching turned up Aloe Vera juice. I've been drinking it about twice a day for almost a week now. And surprise!!!! I haven't felt nauseated since I started drinking it. It is, however, one of the weirdest things I have ever had to drink. It's not so much that it tastes gross....just kind of wrong. Kind of like something you shouldn't drink should taste. I've been trying to find the right thing to add to it, but most things seem only to enhance the weirdness of it. Tang powder has been the worst so far...lemonade powder seems to be the best. I've gone from juices to powders because adding juice only gave me more of the weird drink to try to get down.

We've been learning more about Aloe Vera juice over the past week, and Brian has been drinking it some too! It has lots of amazing stuff about it, and can help with several medical conditions and health problems.

Now that I seem to have tackled the nausea problem, it's time to start adding more of the supplements back up to where I'm supposed to be. Once I've done that, I win this battle and I'm on to the next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment