Friday, March 27, 2009

Health Update

I just got over a cold that I've had since Tuesday, and it struck me today - I've only had the cold since Tuesday! Not only did I recover from a cold in less than 4 days, it was also much, MUCH less severe. Hello, new immune system!!!

It's getting harder for me to track my progress...it was easier in the beginning as things I'd been dealing with were starting to disappear. With a few weeks of epsom salt baths, and a couple weeks of aloe vera juice added to my routine, here's where things are at:
  • My joint and muscle pain continues to only show up when I push myself too far, and then takes a day or two to go away again.
  • My migraines are almost a distant memory. I can't remember the last time I had one, and I've only had a handful of minor headaches over the winter.
  • The fatigue and exhaustion issues have improved yet a little more. I was even able to vacuum and shampoo about a third of our bedroom carpet yesterday before needing to take a break. May sound small, but big for me! By the end of the day, I had recovered enough energy to bake cookies, so I'd say recovery time is improving, too!
  • Vertigo is a beast, but it's not as bad as it has been. I still get very woozy when watching some movement on screens and in the car, and only once in awhile after standing or sitting in one position for awhile. Going to the IMAX in February was not a good idea.
  • Nausea hasn't returned since starting to drink aloe vera juice...which I think I've been doing a little over 2 weeks or so.
  • Chills and sweats haven't returned since starting the epsom salt baths about a month ago. Yippee!! Night sweats came back for a visit for a couple nights about a week ago, but have since left again. They overstayed their welcome, and they're not welcome back.
  • The annoying tingly, prickly sensation on the left side of my head and down through my chin and lips is fighting with me. Most days it's gone, which is a definite improvement from feeling it all the time, but it still reminds me it's around every once in awhile.
  • Chest pain and shortness of breath are very much improved. I still am out of breath after doing almost anything, but it's not the scary short-of-breath feeling I used to get. And the chest pain is minor when I feel it.

I'm seeing improvement, and so looking forward to being able to start working on building up my strength and endurance. I'm hoping to reach that point this summer. To all the doctors who think my treatment is dangerous and in-effective - neener, neener, neeeeeeener!! I'm getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment